- This policy covers how SHM treats personal information that SHM collects and receives, including information related to your past use of SHM products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SHM does not own or control, or to people that SHM does not employ or manage. In addition, certain SHM associated companies such as Google and Amazon have their own privacy statements which can be viewed by clicking on the links.
Information Collection and Use
- SHM collects personal information when you register with SHM, when you use SHM products or services, when you visit SHM pages or the pages of certain SHM partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. SHM may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code, and musical interests. Once you register with SHM and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- SHM automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, SHM cookie information, and the page you request.
- SHM uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SHM does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with SHM under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help SHM communicate with you about offers from SHM and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- SHM does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- SHM may set and access SHM cookies on your computer.
- SHM lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to SHM’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your SHM Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the SHM service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the SHM Newsletter, that are considered part of your SHM account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
SHM may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your SHM account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact us at:
Swallow Hill Music
71 East Yale Avenue
Denver, CO 80210